Marina Abramović to perform at MOMA 2010 – video interview at Armory
Posted by artradar on August 6, 2009
SERBIAN PHOTOGRAPHY PERFORMANCE ART
Ahead of her performance piece “The artist is present” due to take place at MoMA in 2010, Abramovic talks about her photography, seen on display at the Armory Show in New York. To view click
The Art Newspaper Digital- Video Interview- Marina Abramović at the Armory Show– 03:48 min – April 2009
In this video interview, Abramovic discusses her unique performance-style art, and her technique of featuring herself in her powerful visual artworks.
The key featured piece of the show ‘Happy Christmas,’ pictured at right, she says was inspired by her current tumultuous divorce.
Of the recession, she remarks “For an artist it is good to have a recession, because then you come to the real values. Recession is the best thing that can happen. For an artist, the worst is the best. Now is the good time.”
- Armory Preview 2009– video report on the Armory Show midst the recession
- MoMA: Marina Abramovic- The Artist is Present
- Marina Abramovic at Manchester International Festival-video conversation- July 09
- Abramovic: Biography
- Catalogue of Abramovic’s work, 1975-present
- Abramovic in Manchester, review
Contributed by Erin Wooters
- Japanese photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto – 4 fascinating video interviews – May 09
- MOMA acquires Israeli artist Guy Ben Ner video – Apr 09 – more interest from MOMA in performance and the family as a source of inspiration for art
- What inspires Zhang Huan and why he is taking a break from performance art – video interview – Feb 09
- Which are top international contemporary art fairs? – Jan 09 – Armory ranks number 7 – see this post for the rest of the line-up
This entry was posted on August 6, 2009 at 6:10 am and is filed under Events, Fairs, Family, Human Body, Interviews, Marina Abramovic, Medium, New York, Performance, Serbian, Social, USA, Videos. Tagged: Armory Show, art recession, contemporary art, divorce art, family art, Happy Christmas, interview, Marina Abramovic, MOMA, new york, performance art, performance artist, photography, Serbian, Serbian artist, social art, The Artist is Present, Video. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.